Friday, February 10, 2012

Dear Regulars

I haven't posted in a couple of days but I have gotten some good running time in !
I've kept up the every other day run and last night completed 5 miles and burned over 600 calories.

I am not sure what defines a regular at the gym.
I'd like to think that now, after working out every other day for an entire two weeks, I fall into that category.
But, despite my frequent recent attendance, there are several questions I have that I would love to ask someone who has been a regular for over 3 weeks.

1.  Why is it that when there are 10 open treadmills people feel the need to choose the one right next to mine?  Does this fulfill their need for a running buddy?  I do not consider myself to be claustrophobic but having someone running right next to me feels extremely confining.  This has now happened several times and I had never considered up and moving to another treadmill until a few nights back.  The guy running right next to me must have eaten a pound of sausage.  Every time he exhaled, I inhaled at least 100 calories from that said sausage.  It was disturbing enough for me to move.

2.  Is there some benefit to straddling the treadmill belt, crank up the speed and then jumping on?  Last night for the first time I saw someone start two treadmills going at two different speeds and then proceeded to move from one to the other.  Is the pause button passe?  Is ramping up speed wise out of date?

3.  Is there a schedule out there of the "it" times to work out at the gym?  My running time is completely based upon when the hubs can watch the kiddos.  It varies from 5AM to 10PM.  During these times the gym has been completely empty or completely packed.  The Monday following superbowl there were time limits on the treadmills. It automatically shut off after 30 minutes.  I flashed back to the days of when people on the playground would count for you to get off of the swing.  People were literally circling to see how much time was left on each person's treadmill.  I have to admit...after my treadmill shut off, I would stretch, look around to see if anyone was looking and restart up again.  I did this twice. I'm pretty sure other people noticed.

This morning I will be blowing off the dust from the P90X videos we purchased almost 2 years ago.
I did one eighth of one video and never went back.
Let's do this Tony.

No comments:

Post a Comment