Friday, February 3, 2012

Down on my Knees

After some IB profin and a hot shower, the back pain thankfully disappeared!  
Today was supposed to be a 5 mile run per my training schedule.
My mom is in town and we spent most of the day chasing the kids around Legoland.  

I was unable to sneak away to complete the run but plan on doing an alternate exercise that I do not do quite often enough - dropping to my knees in prayer.
This week two of my friends lost their dear, sweet, innocent babies.  
My heart is heavy and hurts for them and their families.  
I am praying that the Lord wraps his arms around baby Drake and baby Kolb - their parents, their families.
I cannot even imagine how hard it is to say goodbye, to experience that great of a loss.

I so often get caught up and stressed about the chaos of the day to day - often forgetting how truly blessed I am.  I complain about having to deal with the minutia of the day but rarely ever express how grateful I am to get to experience it in the first place.

I will be back on the plan tomorrow - but will be adapting it to include much more time on my knees.


No comments:

Post a Comment