Thursday, February 2, 2012

Weigh In

Studio Barre last night did not happen - I am convinced my Groupon will never get used.
Just as I was hop, dance, pulling my yoga tights on - I heard D inquire if it's possible that C has a fever.
Yes, it definitely was possible and turned out to be the case - we had gotten vaccines earlier in the day
and the poor kiddo was on fire and remained fussy for the rest of the evening.
I will attempt the journey again this evening -

Out of all three pregnancies - it has been the most difficult to drop the LBs after this one.
I am not sure if it is age, the fact that my body has now done this 3 times in such a short amount of time, or my body becoming efficient by keeping the lbs in anticipation of another pregnancy in the next couple of months.
I am not someone who typically stands on a scale very often.
It's not that I avoid them - but with the limited "free time" I have, I don't make it a point to seek them out.
To be honest, I don't even know what pre-pregnancy weight I am actually striving for.
During all of my 8 week check ups, when asked how much I started off weighing, my default answer is always 122LBS.
Where did this number come from?  I have no idea.  It's on my driver's license too.
(Could definitely explain why at the end of the pregnancy with C they were concerned about how much I was eating because I "gained" close to 45 lbs)

The scale we have at our house is one that D and I bought together when he was visiting Kalamazoo.
Who doesn't do that with someone they are dating?
It was Kalamazoo.
Our date options included hunting, Walmart, laundromat (GREAT people watching) and Walmart again.  (The scale was procured at one of the journeys to Walmart)

This "high end" scale calculates percent body fat in addition to telling you your weight.
Simply enter in your height and age, step on it and after performing some differential equations (seriously, there is a "thinking" display and it takes about 2 minutes to get an answer) all of your data is displayed.
The nice thing for me is that I have never entered in my age or my height.
I go off of D's, which leaves me with like 2% body fat every time.

So, today it is going to be legit -
Supplies:  Tongs, Ruler, Scale, Measuring Tape, Camera

I remember doing something like this in grade school with calipers on our stomach, under arm and side.
I am trying to recreate this with the tongs and ruler (this definitely is NOT scientific)
Under Arm: 1"
Side:  1.5"
Stomach:  2.1"

Scale Read Out:  138.4LBS

Waist circumference:  34"
Booty circumference:  38"

While performing the "weigh in" I am pretty sure I answered my own question.
After L&B I went back to work at 12 and 6 weeks respectively.
I would raid the candy bowl at the reception desk and journey to the vending machines several times a day.
I can recall more than a few times (at least 3x a week) when breakfast consisted of pop tarts followed by a lunch of mms chased down by some Mountain dew.
Good thing I was pumping - I'm sure the boys REALLY appreciated the nutritious meals I brought home.
I digress - bottom line is with my poor eating habits following the other two babes, how could I possibly be losing weight at a slower pace now?
Could it be the empty boxes of girl scout cookies that line our recycling bin (Entire box of Samoas downed in less than 24 hours) or the 1LB box of chocolates my mom shipped for the boys to enjoy that I consumed single handedly and the boys never saw?  Or maybe it is the chocolate covered almonds my mom just brought that I am popping like grapes while typing this post?
I have an addiction.  I have always had an addiction.  Chocolate calls my name.
I realize, now it's just more readily available to me since I can journey out at all hours during the day to procure it.
At the office, I had a limited selection and our super sweet receptionist, Karen, would give me "the look" at about 2PM that would let me know that I should step away because she had no interest in refilling the bowl yet again.

Workout:  Cross Training Day:  Will be hitting up the machines at the gym for the FIRST time ever this afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment