Thursday, February 2, 2012

Down for the Count

The scene:  12:15PM, L is in preschool, B&C are out on a walk with my mom
I am on the phone with my sister, both of us are perusing the anthro website for cute clothes and discussing our finds
I am surfing the site while laying down on my bed
I have no idea why, but I decide to see if I can try to get my toes to touch my head, backwards, as I am laying on the bed
Doorbell rings - mom and the kids are home
I get up to answer the door and cannot walk straight
I crawl down the stairs to the door, let the family in and literally feel what I imagine it would be like to be stabbed
I call Das and my bro, our resident spine surgeon, and when I try to describe what I was doing, I can't help but laugh - but laughing then turns into the stabbing pain
I had to call the director of L's preschool to say we would be late in picking him up and explain the situation.  Let's just say it was one of the most awkward conversations we have both had to date.
Thank goodness my mom is in town - needless to say, I will not be hitting the gym this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment